Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some really great photos this week.

Well, I just wanted to put up a few photos that I really liked doing this week and weekend. First of all was my great niece, Lily. My niece brought her down to the studio on Thursday for some (long overdue) photos. She was so much fun to take photos of. Lily is very easy going and makes such BIG expressions. This is one of my favorite just because I love her smile. My wife and I took the family out for dinner after the sitting. They had been wanting to try sushi. Lily loved it....her parents.....not so much!

On Saturday I went out to the home of Levi Curwick to do some senior portraits. He wanted some with his four-wheeler and some around their home. They live right next to the railroad tracks so we had some fun taking photos there. It was a great day with stormy looking clouds so I did this "infra-red" photo to make it stand out even more. I LOVE THIS PHOTO.
My wife has put out a hummingbird feeder at our house and she just loves to sit and watch them buzz around. They have been emptying the feeder in less than 36 hours! I decided to take my camera and 300 f/2.8 lens home and try and get some photos of the hummingbirds. Just to see what I could get. I ended up shooting over 150 photos. Here is one of my favorites.

I had a lot of fun doing these photos this week. A good variety of subjects and each challenging in their own way. That is the best part. I love photography.

No comments: