Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ART Mondays

Being a professional photographer doesn't mean that at some point you "know it all" and simply apply what you know. Photography, for me, is a lifelong passion and a lifelong education. I hope to always push myself to learn more, do more and create quality images. In order to continue learning and evolving as a photographer I have dedicated my Mondays (wife at work and son in Daycare and my only other day off) to creating my personal images. What does that mean? Well, I guess it means that on Mondays I am going to photograph what I want and do it in a way that improves my overall knowledge as a photographer. It may be a simple fashion shoot, an art project session, or simple studio experimentation with equipment, lighting etc.
This Monday, I got a call from a model who wanted to shoot some images for a clothing line. Pretty simple stuff, but with a fashion edge. I used this as an opportunity to work on my photo technique, lighting, framing and posing. In all....I got some pretty cool images. Here are a couple that I really like.Who knows what future Mondays will bring!!!! I am currently also working on an art project in which I will create images of the characters from my favorite novels. I will post some of those as I get them completed.

No comments: